**I am using a 5 star rating for my book reviews.
5=Absolutely Loved It/An All Time Favorite
4=Really Liked it/Maybe even loved it
3=It Was Good/Worth The Read
2=It Was Just Okay/Might not be Worth The Time
1=It Was Terrible/Run Away Fast From This Book.
My Review Style: Each review contains the synopsis put out by the author/publisher (I figure they can summarize it best!) and my own personal thoughts of the book once I’ve read it. My reviews should be user friendly. I try to write them as though I were talking to a friend about that particular book. I try to be as honest as I can without hurting the author’s feelings too badly. 🙂 Occasionally, I will receive books for free in exchange for a review. These reviews will be just as honest as the reviews for books that I pick up at the book store. I am a tough critic so I would really consider anything 3 or above to worthy of reading.
Review Requests: I will take review requests from you (my blog readers), authors and publishers. Please send your request via the contact form. If you need to have the review by a particular deadline, be sure to include that information in your request. When I accept a book for review, I cannot promise a positive rating/review. I will read it and review/rate it honestly.
Genres: I will read and review from a wide range of genres:
- Literary Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Contemporary Fiction
- Chick Lit
- Paranormal Romance
- Urban Fantasy
- Young Adult
- Middle Readers (upper elementary grade and middle school level)
- Unless otherwise noted, all giveaways will be open to U.S. residents only.
- Must be 13+ years of age to enter.
- Rafflecopter will be used to collect entries and will randomly select a winner.
- Winners will be announced both on the blog and via email. You must reply to the notification within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter.
- I am not responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail.
- I reserve the right to edit, extend, or end a contest at my discretion (but I will do my best not to!)
In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 guideline, I have two disclosures to share:
I occasionally receive books for free in the hopes that I will read and post a review of such on the Under a Gray Sky Blog. I will always try to disclose which books have been received specifically for a review (as opposed to those I seek out on my own) but as this may not always be possible, please know that the source of a book will have absolutely no effect the nature of my review or the rating.
In addition, I am a member of a number of affiliate programs. This means that some of the links/images including in this website will take you to an affiliate website and I will receive a small commission on your purchase.