It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish). It’s actually Wednesday…a fact that I failed to notice until I was half way finished with this post! Oops!
This weeks challenge is to list the top ten books on my TBR (To Be Read) list for this fall. This one is easy for me to answer….
In particular order, my top ten TBR books for this fall are:
1.The Secret Keeper: A Novel by Kate Morton: Kate’s novel, The Forgotten Garden, is one of my favorite novels of all time. So, when I received The Secret Keeper as an ARC (advanced review copy), I was thrilled! The Secret Keeper won’t be released until mid-October but you can pre-order it now.
2. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn: Gone Girl was recommended to me by my friend, Ivonne. I put it on hold at my library a month ago and am slowly working my way up the waiting list (I’m currently #144 out of 454!). If that wait list doesn’t move any faster, I may end up buying it.
3. Kill You Twice (Archie Sheridan/Gretchen Lowell Novel) by Chelsea Cain: If you don’t already know by now, I am a Chelsea Cain fan! Kill You Twice came out last month. I can’t wait to see what Gretchen has done now…
4. Iced: A Dani O’Malley Novel by Karen Marie Moning: KMM is another of my favorite authors (urban fantasy/romance). Iced is a new spin-off from her Fever series. I’ve already pre-ordered this one so that I can read it as soon as it is released on October 30.
5. Something Witchy This Way Comes: A Jolie Wilkins Novel by H.P. Mallory: This is another one that I’ve received as an ARC and am looking forward to seeing what happens with Jolie, Rand and Sinjin in book five.
6. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein: I have never read these and feel like it time I do. My plan is to read The Lord of the Rings but if my son decides to read The Hobbit as one of his free book choices in school this fall, then I’ll switch over and read The Hobbit first so we can discuss it together.
7. Kept: A Coveted Novel by Shawntelle Madison: This is another ARC that I’ve received recently. I was drawn to it by this description: “A funny and sexy new paranormal romance, perfect for fans of Charlaine Harris and Patricia Briggs…”. I haven’t read Patricia Briggs but I have read Charlaine Harris and since I love her Sookie Stackhouse series, I thought I would give Kept a try.
8. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler: This one has been on my TBR list for awhile now so I’ve decided that it is time to just sit down and read it. It looks like a light and silly read. I’ll be sure to let you know what I think. 😉
9. The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom: This one just came out this past week. I’m a sucker for any sort of time-travel (must be due to my love of history). I’m hoping to start reading The Time Keeper in the next week or so.
10. A Dangerous Inheritance: A Novel of Tudor Rivals and the Secret of the Tower by Alison Weir: I’m actually reading this one right now. It’s pretty good…a historical mystery.